Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ballard Inspired Lamp Tutorial

These cute little curtain tiebacks gave me the inspiration for this project... Ballard Tiebacks


So this lamp I got for FREE at a church swap we did. One night when we were having Enrichment Meeting we put things we didn't want and or no longer needed into one of the classrooms and people sifted through and took what they wanted. It was a lot of fun! The lamp was cute but I wanted to make it my own.


Before.......



As you can see to paint it I used Glad Press'n Seal to wrap around parts I didn't want painted and Flat White spray paint. Who would have thought you could use Press'n Seal for so much??? LOVE THAT STUFF! Well worth every penny!!!


Here she be in my awesome indoor spray booth.


Now painted White... so pretty and bright!


Don't worry I had some fresh air so I did not get too high... lol


And a shout out to Valspar for putting a better nozel on that bad boy... no more cramped fingers when spraying!

THANK YOU!

Ok back to the project.......


I then traced the lamp shade onto freezer paper by starting at one end and tracing till I got to the start. I used some leftover burlap from a previous project. I pinned it to the freezer paper and cut out my pattern. Then I started to pin it around the top to start it off and then down one side.


I used Elmer's Craft Bond to adhere the burlap to the lampshade. This was a bit pricey about $10 or so but I used a 50% off coupon at Joann's and got it for $5. It worked great!


Here it is before I embellished it. I used hot glue to adhere the top and bottom parts.



Enter in Stampin' Up Twill Tape and A Chocolate Chip Ink Spot from the Distressing Kit. (I ended up not using the green strip ribbon)

I used the ink to give a little distressed look to the lamp portion by rubbing it on in various spots then using my finger to rub it in.




I added some buttons with hot glue. Then was finished. Now just to make a cord cover for it!

How did that cute dog get in the picture?

When I stopped by my parents I had my camera and took a picture of my Jib!

Just to make you smile!

Enjoy!

P.S. Happy St. Patty's Day!



-Kate







3 comments:

  1. What a great transformation!! I love it!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lamp...and I really love burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I am excited to start posting all those little projects I do around the house! :)

    ReplyDelete